March 23, 2017
Welcome to the new web site! While writing on the dev blog, lots of people kept telling me that they liked looking at the screenshots and hearing about the game, but had no idea what I was talking about when I got into actual development. So this site will be about the current state of the game and how it’s progressing. The dev blog will contain more technical articles for my fellow Unity developers out there who are more interested in how things work.
What is happening?
I’m still working towards a Kickstarter. There’s currently a closed alpha demo showing off some of the game’s features, and I’m in the process of collecting screenshots and video to show how far the game has come. Then there is the whole social media outreach, in which I find out that talking about the game is harder than actually making the game. If you want to help, here are some things you can do:
- Tell your friends and give them a link to this website.
- Subscribe to the mailing list.
- Rent a zeppelin and fly it around trailing a huge banner advertising the game.
- Follow The Expedition on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Bring a box of cupcakes to your school/workplace and only hand them out to people after they’ve liked us on Facebook.
- If you’re playing the demo and build something cool, send me a screenshot.
- Leave a comment in the comment section below.
- Leave a chest full of gold, diamonds, and cat treats outside my apartment door.
More news will appear soon. Stay tuned!